- 10 cups of tender salad greens, spring mix and arugula
- 2 pints strawberries, halved, or sliced if large
- ½ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into half moons
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced cross-wise
- Feta or goat cheese crumbles, to taste
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Extra-virgin olive oil, as needed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Kosher salt
In a small skillet, over medium heat, sauté red onion in olive oil until cooked through, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile in a small saucepan over medium heat, cook the balsamic vinegar until it is reduced to about 2 tablespoons. Add honey to the reduced balsamic and let cool.
Toss salad greens with extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Combine greens, sautéed onion, cucumber, pine nuts, strawberries and cheese crumbles (feta or goat) and drizzle with cooled balsamic reduction sauce.
The Story + Other Recipe(s):: The Strawberry Lady: Jo Ann Smith's Sweet Berry Patch
Recipe courtesy of Lisa Whisnant of the Blue Moon Yurt