- 1 bunch lacinato kale
- 1 head frisee
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1/3 cup pumpkinseed vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkinseeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup diced roasted butternut squash
- 12 ounces roasted & shredded turkey breast
- 1/2 cup pumpkinseeds ground to a fine meal in Vitamix blender or spice grinder
- 1 1/4 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups canola oil
- 2 tablespoons pumpkinseed oil
Pumpkinseed Vinaigrette: Blend all ingredients-except canola and pumpkinseed oils-well, then add the oils slowly.
Roasted butternut squash: Peel and seed one butternut squash and cut into 1/2" dice. Toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon of kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper and 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, roast in 375°F oven for 15-20 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, let cool.
Roasted turkey breast: Rub one whole lobe of boneless fresh turkey breast with olive oil and season generously with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook in 350°F oven for 45 minutes to one hour, until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Chill completely in refrigerator and shred into thick strands.
Assemble the salad: De-stem kale and tear into quarter-size pieces, tear frisee into thumb-size pieces, wash greens in cold water and dry in salad spinner. Put greens in large mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients and toss well, divide greens on 4 plates and top with the remaining goodies.
Recipe and photo courtesy of the Konditorei Restaurant at the Sun Valley Resort.